Interested in volunteering at St Luke’s?
Volunteering is a great way to serve and meet people from the church. Why not get involved in one of the areas below? Please go to our contact page and let us know if you are interested.
- Make sure that the altar is properly maintained
- Check to see if the candles need to be changed
- Set up the items needed for communion and after service clean up and put the items away
- Wash and iron napkins
- Meets weekly on Thursday nights from 7:30 to 9:00 pm from September to the end of May
- We sing at the 11:00 am service on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, as well as at additional services during the Christmas and Easter seasons.
- Share their special musical gifts with the congregation at either or both services
- Sings once or twice a month at the 9:00 am service throughout the year, leading the congregation in contemporary praise music
- Rehearsals are usually Sunday mornings before we sing
- Readers participate in the service by reading the Bible passages at the first or second service on a rotating schedule
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for services
- Run PowerPoint presentations during services
- Set up and tear down band equipment
- Run sound board
- Facilitate a welcoming and comfortable experience for all who come to worship
- Prepare the facilities prior to the service
- Hand out the bulletin and other information that may be needed for the service
- Assist newcomers to orient themselves to the service format
- During the service assist with collecting the offering and communion and attending to any special needs that might arise
- Drama team
- Alternate worship developer
- Bible study leader/facilitator